Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oily, Thin Hair?

I have extremely oily hair, i wash it every night with a clarifying shampoo and when I make up the following morning it already looks a little greasy! It's pretty long, probably about 15 inches, and it's fine and thin. Does anyone have any tips for me? I'm getting it cut tomorrow and I'm thinking about perming it. If i perm it, it will be a demi-perm so I don't fry my hair, and my stylist will use purple and white rollers, kind of like a spiral perm.



Any ideas, tips or comments?



Oily, Thin Hair?

I have oily and thin hair but I wash mine every morning. I use Paul Mitchell Gentle Cleansing shampoo and the conditioner for colored hair. It seems to work good for me. Maybe you should try washing it in the morning and maybe try a different shampoo. If you perm your hair be very careful so you don't get it fried. I tried that too and I regretted it, it is back to straight now.



Good Luck!



Oily, Thin Hair?

I always try to talk my clients out of perms. The problem is, theres no way to touch a perm up, And with thin hair, it tends to loosen quickly. How about some highlights. Bleach creates whats called desirable damage and that can help add volume to fine hair and possibly dry some of that oiliness.



Keep using a claryfying shampoo once or twice a week and invest in some great volumizing products. Purology is expensive but their volumizing lotion is awesome.



Maybe using a spray in conditioner instead of a cream conditioner. That helps me.



Oily, Thin Hair?

You cannot completely get rid of oily hair, but..



Things that cause oily hair: unhealthy diet, stress, using too much conditioner, humidity, shampooing too much (since you are stripping the natural oils out of your hair, causing even more oil, and this goes for skin too. if you have oily skin, don't wash too often!)



there are products that are specifically for oily hair. Like mild shampoos and conditioners, often labeled clairifying.



Oily, Thin Hair?

use a little bit of baby powder in your hair in the morning. When I wake up late and don't really have time to wash my hair I just put some baby powder in my hair and it makes is less greasy. It works but it does make your hair a little staticy if you brush it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment