Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I want a body wave..my hair is very thin though?

i want a body wave but my hair is very thin,shoulder length,and i have dyed it several times. my hair used to be curlier but as i have gotten older it's gotten straighter it has a little wave to it but just underneath the top is flat. i try to scrunch it with gel but it doesnt stay long at all. help me,is a body wave not a good idea?



I want a body wave..my hair is very thin though?

perms are no good. body waves are still a perm, just bigger rods. your hair has been chemically treated many times already. fine hair can only take so many chemicals before it gets dry and frizzy. perms create frizz. you may have lost some of your curl due to overprocessing it with too much color. you just need to learn to use a curling iron, or get some good hot rollers (much easier). don't let your stylist talk you into a perm; trust me, you will not be happy with the results. i, too, have fine hair, and convinced myself i had to have a perm, even though i knew better. my hair is always very chemically treated (i am an habitual color-changer), and perms have always fried my hair. 2 minutes into a 20 minute perm and my hair was fried. i always try to talk clients out of them as well. i don't care if i am losing out on a $60-$150 service. i don't want a dissatisfied client on my hands.



if you want body on top, get a root boost product and blow dry your hair upside down. then curl with iron or rollers, using good, hard holding hairspray. you will be much happier with practicing this technique than perming :)



good luck!



I want a body wave..my hair is very thin though?

I got a body wave a while ago, and I didn't get the results I'd hoped. I would try to scrunch it with extra strenght gel or mousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment